Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lesson 7: Describing a Place



Sunny Pismo Beach

Strolling along the sandy shore, I cheerfully slither my toes along the ground like tiny trowels to create streaks in the damp grains. The early sun warms me as I pause to gaze at the long beaked pelicans diving into the aqua green ocean. The yells of the Pismo Beach surfers fade to whispers in the background of the shrill screeching seagulls above. Icy yet refreshing, white, foamy water spills over my feet and legs, then splashes me in the face. Sea spray drips into my mouth, the disgusting flavors of seaweed and salt leave a terrible aftertaste. While the roaring waves settle down, I dash to grab my pink and apricot towel to dry off my soaked body. Staring at where the incredible deep blue sea and the monstrous sky meet in the distance, I long to stay forever on this wonderful beach.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! Well written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You've got great style variation. Excellent similes and adjectives. Very descriptive. I'd give you an A in my writing class!

    Keep up the great work,
    Mrs. FitzGerald

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent!!!! I feel the same way when I am in Bodega!! Thank-you that was great!
    Ed Renfro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red Haired Kid From Yarmouth, MEMarch 22, 2011 at 9:21 AM

    AWESOME! I love the adjectives and verbs. I'm writing a story for school right now, but yours is still better. By the way, did you notice someone could be named "Sunny Beach?"

    ReplyDelete