Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lesson 6: Describing a Season


A Stormy Winter Afternoon

The scorching fire protects me from this icy winter day as I sleepily sip hot cocoa. Outside, the frosty wind and rain beat against the leafless trees like a thundering waterfall thumping on rocks in a pool. I shiver while staring out the window longing for my warm fuzzy blankets and thankfully plop down on the comfy sofa. Cheerful Christmas decorations fill the room. Two stockings hang on the hearth, a white wicker angel adorns the console, and end tables are garnished with emerald candles placed on sparkling royal blue snowflake placemats. Sweet and fragrant, the scent of baking gingerbread drifts from the kitchen. Water pours down from the sky while I nod to sleep, wishfully visualizing snow descending gently from the heavens.

No comments:

Post a Comment